Now Open at 4 South Krome Avenue, Homestead, FL 33030
The picturesque streets of Downtown Homestead were filled with bustling activity on Saturday, October 26, 2019, when more than 5,000 celebrated the Grand Debut of Homestead Station. The festivities included a parade, headlining performance by DJ Irie, and an epic fireworks finale. You can now visit Homestead Station at 4 South Krome Avenue, Homestead, FL 33030.
Check out the amazing transformation that took place in Downtown Homestead! From groundbreaking to grand opening, Homestead Station is now the hottest place to go for movies, bowling, and more! Stay tuned as additional retail and restaurant options open up. Visit www.discoverdowntownhomestead.com for additional information.
Celebrate Homestead Station’s Grand Opening!
Movies, bowling, and a transit center are coming to Downtown Homestead. The Grand Opening of Homestead Station, located at 4 South Krome Avenue, Homestead, Fla., will take place on Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 4pm to 8pm. The event marks the completion of the first major public-private retail partnership in the heart of Downtown Homestead.
The picturesque streets of Downtown Homestead will host family-friendly activities, food trucks, and a beer garden while entertainment headliner, DJ Irie, spins in Losner Park. Just before 6pm, the “March of the Movie Characters” parade on Krome Avenue will feature Homestead community groups showing off their style with costumes and performances tied to their favorite movie themes.
The parade will culminate in front of Homestead Station, where the Opening Ceremony will occur. Tours of ShowBiz Cinemas Bowling, Movies and More!, Homestead’s newest entertainment destination that features a luxurious movie going experience, boutique bowling, and a modern arcade gaming floor will start immediately after the Opening Ceremony. Finally, the evening will conclude with an epic fireworks finale at 7:30pm.
Homestead Station is part of an overall effort to revitalize Downtown Homestead. Other recent projects include the restored Seminole Theatre, new city hall, and new police headquarters.
Parking & Road Closures Information
Here are a few things you’ll need to know going into the big day Saturday, October 26, 2019 4pm-8pm:
- The address for Homestead Station is 4 South Krome Avenue, Homestead, FL 33030.
- Event parking will be available at Homestead Station and in satellite lots along Flagler Avenue north of Mowry Drive.
- Krome Avenue between N 4th Street and Flagler Avenue will be closed starting at 12pm. Residents of Pioneer Village will be permitted to enter/exit the neighborhood via NW 2nd Street.
- Mowry Drive between Flagler Avenue and NW 2nd Avenue will be closed to thru traffic starting at 12pm.
- Traffic heading to park at Homestead Station will be routed along NW 2nd Avenue to SW 1st Street.
- Traffic with ADA Parking Permits will be routed along NW 2nd Avenue to Mowry Drive.
- Traffic heading to park at the satellite lots will be routed along Flagler Avenue.
- Electronic signs and police officers will be posted along major entrance and exit routes.
- If you want to avoid the hassle of parking, we encourage you to use a rideshare app like Uber or Lyft. You can use the address of Homestead City Hall, 100 Civic Court, Homestead, FL 33030 as your drop-off point to avoid traffic and have a short walk to the event.