On November 3, 2014, the Customer Service Department at Homestead Public Services (HPS) is launching a new and improved Online Bill Pay system! With paperless billing rapidly becoming the option of choice for many, this new system provides added conveniences for customers to pay their utility bill which covers water, electricity and sanitation services. The new system offers some of the following updates and benefits:
• Cross-platform compatible with all internet browsers and devices
• No processing fee
• Make easy one-time payments without registering – great for making payments for parents or family members
• View current and previous bill statements, payment history and compare utility usage from the past.
• Avoid long lines at payment centers or call-waiting on the telephone
Starting Monday, November, 3, Customers can go online and register at www.cityofhomestead.com/billpay by following the instructions on the site. There are also tutorial videos in English, Spanish, and Kreyo`l that walk the customer through the process of creating a new account. Even if customers are already registered under the existing online bill pay system, they must re-register their account as the old system will become obsolete November 2.
To kick-off the launch, the Customer Service Department invites the public to attend “Bill Pay Day,” a special event on Saturday, November 8 from 10:00 am to 4:00pm at the Community Center on 1601 N. Krome Avenue. Bill Pay Day is a unique opportunity for customers to:
• Have all their bill-related questions answered
• Go paperless and register for the new Online Bill Pay System
• Learn about other ways to pay their bill
• Get information on financial assistance for those who qualify from a variety of community organizations
While the new online bill pay system offers the most convenient method of bill payment, alternative payment options are still available, including:
• Via phone at (305) 224-4444
• Via mail with a check or money order to: City of Homestead, P.O. Box 31576, Tampa, FL 33631
• Via check or money order in lock boxes located at the Customer Service Department at 711 NE 1st Road, Homestead, FL 33030