The City of Homestead is currently monitoring Hurricane Ian. Below are the following closures and important updates:
- The offices of the City of Homestead will be closed on Wednesday 9/28.
- HPS Sanitation is currently following the normal solid waste pickup schedule but will pause if tropical force winds are in effect, so please plan accordingly. If there is an interruption, services will be provided on the next scheduled pickup. There are no planned additional bulky waste pickups outside of the normal solid waste schedule. Residents are reminded not to place items out for pickup if they do not have a regularly scheduled bulky waste pickup.
- Homestead Trolley will be operating on Wednesday 9/28 but however, expect delays and/or cancellations. It will pause if tropical force winds are in effect, so please plan accordingly.
- City of Homestead Parks and facilities will close Wednesday 9/28.
- Cybrarium will close Wednesday 9/28.
- COVID Testing and Vaccination site at Harris Field is closed on Wednesday 9/28 and Thursday 9/29.
- The Solid Waste Drop site will close on Wednesday 9/28.
While Homestead is not currently in immediate danger, residents and local businesses are urged to check at-home disaster kits, review hurricane plans and remain alert to new information and instruction about the developing storm. Residents can find information on recommended storm preparations, emergency kit contents, and emergency contact information online at www.cityofhomestead.com/preparedness