As Florida continues to move towards normalcy in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Homestead Public Service (HPS) Sanitation is reopening the Solid Waste Drop Site to residents beginning Monday, May 3, 2021. The site is located at 548 SE 6th Avenue, Homestead, FL 33030 and operates from 8am until 4pm Monday through Saturday and 8 am until 12pm on Sundays. In order to use the Drop Site, the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- Current City of Homestead Resident
- Present a valid state of Florida driver’s license or identification card to verify your property address.
- Present a copy of your current HPS Utilities Statement.
- All CDC guidelines must be followed, to include facemask at all times.
Please note that Oversize Vehicles and Trailers are not allowed and are defined as:
- Any van with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of more than 11,000 pounds
- Any pickup truck with a GVW of more than 15,000 pounds
- Any trailer with a bed larger than 10 feet long by 6 feet wide and 6 feet high.
HPS Sanitation currently offers regular garbage pickups twice per week, recycling pickup once per week, and bulky waste pickup once per week. This is the highest level of bulk waste service offered in Miami-Dade County. For additional information on HPS Sanitation, visit www.cityofhomestead.com/solidwaste.