As Florida continues to move towards normalcy in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Homestead will be reopening the following facilities to the public effective Monday, May 3, 2021: City Hall, Community Redevelopment Agency, Development Services, Parks & Recreation, and the Solid Waste Drop Site. The Drop Site will be open 8am – 4pm Monday – Saturday and 8am – 12pm Sundays. All other facilities will be open 8am – 5pm Monday - Friday. Residents are still encouraged to conduct business online or over the phone if possible by visiting www.cityofhomestead.com or calling 305-224-4400.
To allow for continued efficient processing of online permit submissions Development Services will be operating with modified in-person service hours as follows:
- Building Permit Walk-In Service Hours: 8am – 12pm Monday - Friday
- Building Inspector Office Hours – 8am – 8:30am Monday - Friday
- Zoning Questions Walk-In Hours – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 8am – 10am
- Planning Information meetings are by appointment and can be scheduled by calling 305-224-4529
- Business Licensing meetings are by appointment and can be scheduled by calling 305-224-4504
- Central Collections will close at 4pm daily
All visitors will be required to obey COVID-19 precautions when visiting City facilities such as the recommended wearing of facial coverings, social distancing, and interior capacity limits.