The City of Homestead launched a new website at www.cityofhomestead.com. The new site not only presents a complete new design that highlights the spirit of our community, but also offers residents, visitors, and businesses intuitive tools that will help them accomplish their tasks faster.
The new City of Homestead website offers a task-centric design, which allows users to achieve their mission with the least amount of clicks. Whether it is finding information about building permits or inspections, learning when the next public meeting is taking place, or reporting a street light outage, Homestead residents will immediately notice a more participatory web service, as well as a faster, easier way to complete their internet tasks in this beautifully designed interface.
Among the tools and features the new City of Homestead website offers are:
- New Customer Service Portal: Homestead Public Services customers can now manage their accounts completely online. Start, stop, or move service and manage your bill payment options at www.cityofhomestead.com/customers.
- Improved Mobile Site: The mobile site will now offer the same design scheme as the desktop site—making it easier for users to access the information they need.
- Notify Me: A tool that allows users to easily subscribe to email notifications for one or many categories, including: new city job postings, news, emergency alerts, events, public meetings, bid postings and more. If you’re signed up on the current site, you don’t have to register again.
- Citizen Request Tracker: Found under the Report a Concern link on the homepage, users can now report code violations, light pole outages, street pot holes or storm drainage issues by filling out a simple form that will be received by the appropriate staff that can add comments and close the request when the problem has been fixed. If you’re signed up on the current site, you don’t have to register again.
- A dynamic home page with constantly updated news and calendar items
- Emergency homepage alerts
- Links to city social media
- Google Translate enabled
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant
The city’s website is an important entryway to the Homestead community and a significant asset for economic development. The goal in developing a new website is to improve customer service and government transparency, as well as make it easy for users to navigate, find information, and accomplish a task.